MILLIONS of pounds in investment have been brought into York, North Yorkshire and East Riding this year to unlock the area’s transformational growth. In particular this year, an additional £23.7m was awarded in Local Growth Funding from government bringing the total to £145.9m to York, North Yorkshire and East Riding, for this funding allocation.
Communities Secretary Sajid Javid said:
“As part of efforts to deliver an economy that works for everyone, the Government is equipping local people with the resources they need to drive forward local growth. “That is why we gave £23.7 million of new money to York, North Yorkshire and East Riding to give businesses the support and opportunities they need to achieve their potential – on top of the £122.2 million we have already awarded”.
Some of the projects to benefit from the funding include:
York, North Yorkshire and East Riding Enterprise Partnership Chair Barry Dodd CBE said:
“The funds are a welcome recognition of the vital work taking place, with businesses, local authority leaders, trade organisations and more across our area, and their successful track record so far delivering on our Growth Deal promises.”
- Support to help de-risk and unlock the transformational York Central Enterprise Zone;
- Investment in Scarborough as a growth town to encourage and incentivise investment in strategic housing development sites;
- Support for the transformational redevelopment of Bridlington Harbour and Marina;
- Employment and housing growth in Skipton: infrastructure support to open up a number of sites for housing and employment and also improvements in and around the station to generate economic uplift to the area;
- A skills capital Programme to develop high quality learning environments in Further Education and enable business growth;
Our work this year was highlighted at our Annual Conference at the National Agri Innovation Centre, Sand Hutton, York. The theme was Making A Real Difference described in more detail in our annual report